Table of Contents Hide
- Is it Possible to Get a Full Scholarship in Canada?
- Which University gives Free Medical Scholarships in Canada?
- How to Apply For Medical Scholarships In Canada For International Student
- List of the Best Medicine Scholarships In Canada for Developing Countries
- #1. McGill University, Canada, MasterCard Scholarship
- #2. University Of Toronto Canada MasterCard Scholarship
- #3. Quest University Scholarship
- #4. Canadian Government Scholarships
- #5. Chevening Scholarships in Canada
- #6. York University International Entrance Scholarships
- #7. Ontario Graduate Scholarship Program
- #8. Quest University Fully-Funded David Strang way International Scholarships
- #9. Prestige Scholarship Program at the University of Carleton
- #10. University of British Columbia International Doctoral Scholarships
- How to study medicine in Canada free
- FAQs on Medicine Scholarships In Canada For Students From Developing Countries
Medical Science in general is a very important field of study but very expensive, the tuition fee for studying medicine or its related courses is off the roof, still so many people want to major in this field whether they have the financial capabilities or not. Medicine Scholarships In Canada For Students is open to all students to Apply.
Good for you if you are able to finance your education in the medical field. For those who can’t, but are academically sound, there are medical scholarships in Canada that you can apply for and we’ve listed about 13 of them that we consider as the best among the rest.
Good a thing, these scholarships are available annually so, if you miss that of this year, you look out for next year.
This article provides full information on the best medical scholarships in Canada for international students, oh yes, that’s right, you can major in the medical field through scholarship grants in Canada ranked as one of the best places to study on earth.
In Canada, they pulled medical students from all clinical settings in March to assist in the control of the pandemic. In general, the response of medical schools to the situation was extremely rapid and greatly appreciated by the government.
To that effect, the Government of Canada has approved a good number of scholarships to attract more international students to study medicine in their country. This is a great opportunity for most students from developing countries seeking to study in Canada.
These scholarships range from the U of T Mastercard to McGill University MasterCard full tuition scholarship.
Hence, studying medicine in Canada is a nice shot you should try out. You won’t have to battle with the high cost of study, because you will have a fully-funded scholarship to your bosom.
If you don’t know how to go about it, we’ve got you covered. This article has a list of medicine scholarships in Canada for students from developing countries.
This is a chance to make your dream come true.
Is it Possible to Get a Full Scholarship in Canada?
Most universities in Canada offer full-tuition scholarships to their medical students.
For instance, medical students can apply for MasterCard scholarships to study at the University Of Toronto, Canada, and McGill University.
However, you must be eligible for any of them to enjoy the full benefits.
Which University gives Free Medical Scholarships in Canada?
Canada is one of the developed countries that has a wonderful educational system.
How to Apply For Medical Scholarships In Canada For International Student
- Possess the following documents; student visa or study permit, valid ID such as Passport, statement of purpose, letter of recommendation, CV or resume, language proficiency test score results (TOEFL, SAT, GRE or GMAT), diplomas, degrees, transcripts or certificate from your previous school.
- Pick a university of your choice and begin to make research and contact concerning the scholarship or apply for other external scholarships after you must have been admitted into the course.
- Pick a medical course of your choice and then start the proper application which can be done either online or offline
- Start your application on time so that you will have higher chances of your application being checked faster.
These documents and application processes vary from university to university so it is important that you directly contact your preferred institution for more guidance or read through their scholarship page.
Below is a list of the 13 medical scholarships in Canada that are available to receive applications from international students annually. These medical scholarship opportunities are considered as the best scholarships for international students who want to study courses under the medical field in Canada.
We’ve listed these scholarships alongside the schools where they are obtainable.
Here are lists of universities that offer free and sometimes fully funded medical scholarships to students from developing countries:
List of the Best Medicine Scholarships In Canada for Developing Countries
- The University of Waterloo; International Master’s and Doctoral Awards
- McGill University Canada; MasterCard Scholarship
- University Of Toronto Canada; MasterCard Scholarship
- Quest University Scholarship
- The University of Manitoba; Graduate Fellowships
- Canadian Government Scholarships
- York University; International Entrance Scholarships
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship Program
- Quest University; Fully-Funded David Strangway International Scholarships
- The University of Carleton; Prestige Scholarship Program
- University of British Columbia; International Doctoral Scholarships
#1. McGill University, Canada, MasterCard Scholarship
This is one of the medicine scholarships taken in Canada. The countries that can apply for McGill University Canada MasterCard Scholarship are sub-Saharan African countries.
The scholarship is designed for students pursuing a master’s degree in the Health field and other fields of study.
The MasterCard Scholarship at McGill University will receive:
- A holistic set of financial
- academic supports
Visit the scholarship page for more information
#2. University Of Toronto Canada MasterCard Scholarship
The scholarship is taken in Canada. The possible countries that can apply for the University of Toronto Canada MasterCard Scholarship are sub-Saharan African countries.
They design the scholarship for undergraduate students in the Health field and other fields of study.
The MasterCard Scholarship at University of Toronto will receive:
- If selected, you will receive a scholarship equivalent to the costs related to attaining a Bachelor’s degree, including travel, tuition, textbooks, housing, food, and living expenses. You will also receive financial, academic, social, and post-graduation support which will enable you to build experiences and competencies critical for academic success.
- Internships: The program includes two unpaid internships. The first will take place in the Toronto area for three months during your second summer to provide local practical work experience and skills. The second internship will take place in Africa during your third summer.
- There will be funds available to help you with the cost of a passport. If you do not own a passport, the program will aid in passport applications and related costs.
Visit the scholarship page for more information
#3. Quest University Scholarship
The Quest University Scholarship is an International Scholarship in Canada. International students are eligible to apply.
Scholarships are available for pursuing an undergraduate program at Quest University Canada. They award scholarships to study the courses offered by the university.
Quest University scholarship is valued between $2000 to $15000.
To apply for the scholarship, click here.
Scholarship official link.
#4. Canadian Government Scholarships
The Quest University Scholarship is an International Scholarship in Canada. Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada, and INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS are eligible to apply for a Vanier CGS.
They award this scholarship to pursue graduate studies in social sciences and/or humanities, natural sciences and/or engineering, and health. The scholarship is for all levels.
Each Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship is worth at $50,000 per year.
To apply for the scholarship click here.
The official Scholarship website.
#5. Chevening Scholarships in Canada
This scholarship exist in Canada and international students are eligible to apply.
The Chevening Scholarship in Canada is open for students who want to pursue post-graduate studies.
Chevening Scholarship in Canada will receive:
- university tuition fees
- a monthly stipend
- travel costs to and from Canada
- an arrival allowance
- a homeward departure allowance
- the cost of one visa application
- a travel grant to attend Chevening events in Canada
To read more about the scholarship, click the link below
For more information, visit the official scholarship website
#6. York University International Entrance Scholarships
This scholarship is solely in Canada, and international students are eligible to apply.
The Yoke University International Entrance Scholarships is for undergraduate students.
The Yoke University International Entrance Scholarships is worth $140,000 ($35,000 x 4 years).
To apply for the scholarship click here
Visit the official scholarship website
#7. Ontario Graduate Scholarship Program
The Ontario Graduate Scholarship Program is taken in Canada. The scholarship is open to international candidates.
The Ontario Graduate Scholarship Program is available to pursue Masters or Doctoral in ONTARIO PROVINCE.
OGS awards are based on the number of terms your consecutive studies within an academic year:
- $10,000 for 2 consecutive terms of study
- $15,000 for 3 consecutive terms of study
One term study periods are not eligible for OGS consideration.
They issue each OGS award for a minimum of one academic year (i.e., two consecutive academic terms) and a maximum of two years (i.e., six consecutive academic terms).
To read more about the scholarship Click here
Visit the scholarship official website
#8. Quest University Fully-Funded David Strang way International Scholarships
The Quest University Fully-Funded David Strangway International Scholarship is taken in Canada and citizens of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
Scholarships are available for pursuing the undergraduate program and are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
The Quest University Fully-Funded David Strangway International scholarships will provide full tuition for four years which cover accommodation fee, book allowance, and other expenses.
To read more on the scholarship click here
Visit the scholarship website
#9. Prestige Scholarship Program at the University of Carleton
The Prestige Scholarship Program at the University of Carleton will be taken in Canada. And applications from international students are welcomed.
The prestigious Scholarship program is open to Undergraduate degree in all available subjects.
The Prestige scholar at the university of carleton we receive:
- Ten Chancellor’s Scholarships: $30,000 ($7,500 x four years)
- Seven Richard Lewar Entrance Scholarships: $21,500 ($6,500 in the first year and $5,000 in the second, third, and fourth-year)
- Three Carleton University Scholarships of Excellence: $20,000 ($5,000 x four years)
- Two Carleton University Shad Valley Scholarships of Excellence: $20,000 ($5,000 x four years)
- One Riordon Scholarship: Full tuition in the first, second, third, and fourth years
- One Collins Prestige Scholarship: Full tuition in the first, second, third, and fourth year
To read more on the scholarship click here
Official Scholarship website and Application link.
#10. University of British Columbia International Doctoral Scholarships
The University of British Columbia International Doctoral Scholarships is to be taken in Canada. Applications from International students is welcomed.
The University of British Columbia International Doctoral Scholarships is open to students who want to pursue a Doctoral degree in Canada in any field of study.
The scholarship is worth $30,000 per annum and a $2,000 allowance for research-related travel during the 24 months of the scholarship.
To read more on the scholarship click here.
Visit the official scholarship website
How to study medicine in Canada free
Here’s a step by step guide on how you can study medicine in Canada free as an international student:
- Begin your application early
- Make certain that you have a fantastic application
- Look for government scholarships
- Make use of the scholarships offered by Canada’s universities
- Don’t forget to look for outside scholarships
- Choose a university in Canada that is affordable or even free
- Take action and start working on your application
- While studying in Canada, you can earn money.
Canada might be one of the most coveted destinations for international students, but unfortunately studying here doesn’t come cheap. With the list of scholarships above, you can get a huge cut down on your study expenses.
FAQs on Medicine Scholarships In Canada For Students From Developing Countries
Can I study medicine in Canada for free?
You can study medicine in Canada for free- Apply for financial aid and scholarships
Are there fully funded medical scholarships in Canada for international students?
There are many medical universities in Canada that offer scholarships to their international students. Universities also offer fully-funded scholarships, here are some of the top universities offering medical scholarships.
Are there undergraduate medicine scholarships for international students?
There are undergraduate Medicine Scholarships, Grants, and Fellowships for International Students; Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships. Scottish Government Masters Degree