Table of Contents Hide
For persons seeking to study in South Africa, you can apply for the 2021 Turning the Tide Scholarships at Stellenbosch University in South Africa. Stellenbosch University, located in South Africa, offers a limited number of full-time scholarships. This program is for outstanding and ambitious students who enroll in a degree program at the University.
This scholarship funding is available only for research topics that fall within one of the following areas:
- African Cultural Studies
- The Anthropocene and Ecocriticism
- Identity, Gender and/or Queer Studies
Why you should Choose 2021 Turning the Tide Scholarships at Stellenbosch University in South Africa
This scholarship was made to support students going through financial hardships. Stellenbosch University is currently inviting intelligent students with academic excellence and ambition to apply for the scholarships. The Tide Scholarship is available for Masters and Ph.D. Studies at the University.
Eligibility and Requirements for the 2021 Turning the Tide Scholarships at Stellenbosch University in South Africa
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities are welcome to apply
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Masters and a Ph.D. degree in Cultural Studies, English Literature, ESL & English Language, Psychology, Music
- Criteria: To qualify for the grant, the applicants must have to follow the following given requirements:
- Applicants should have a minimum of 75% for their prior degree;
- All applicants at the date of application must not be more than 30 years to apply for the Master’s scholarship and not exceed 35 years for the Ph.D. scholarship;
- All applicants are required to supply a sample of their writing with their application. Which includes Honour’s research essay for MA applicants, MA thesis for the Ph.D. applicants, and any published academic articles related to their application;
- Students inform themselves about the availability of supervisors in their particular field of research before submitting an application. They do not have to be registered or have a supervisor.
How to Apply
To apply for the grant, aspirants can navigate the online portal
after taking admission.
The following documents must be submitted along with the application:
- A motivation letter (not exceeding 600 words);
- A preliminary research proposal, not exceeding 1000 words, must underline the exceptional contribution your research will make in that particular field of study, including the problem statement, the methodology / theoretical framework / philosophical underpinnings propose using, and the practicability of your research;
- A certified copy of your entire academic transcript;
- A certified copy of your Honours or MA degree certificate or a foreign equivalent (if you have not yet obtained the certification but have completed the qualification, you should provide official proof from the institution concerned that the degree will be delivered before March 2021);
- A certified copy of your South African ID or passport (for international students).
Admission Requirements: Scholars holding an offer letter for their degree with unique curricular criteria and must meet eligibility requirements.
Language Requirement: If English is not your first language, you will need to show that your English language skills are high enough to succeed in your studies by taking IELTS or other similar tests.
Stellenbosch University is funding an award of 400 000 ZAR for (Ph.D.) students, And up to 105 000 ZAR for masters students who are outstanding at the University for the 2021/221 academic year.
The Deadline for Application is October 31, 2021.
- Nationality: International
- University or Organization: Stellenbosch University
- Department: Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
- Course Level: Masters and Ph.D. degree
- Award: Up to 400 000 ZAR (Ph.D.) and up to 105 000 ZAR (MA)
- Number of Awards: 15
- Access Mode: Online
- The award can be taken in South Africa.
This Scholarship will go a long way in assisting student with financial challenge so rush now and apply.