Table of Contents Hide
Howard University Scholarship 2022 is dedicated to supporting the educational pursuits of its students.
Accordingly, the university offers various scholarships, which are handled by the Office of Financial Aid.
These scholarships are open to both domestic and international students.
To apply for most of these scholarships, students will need to complete and submit their applications.
With just one application, such an applicant is considered for various scholarships offered by the university.
The Donor Howard University Scholarship 2022
The donor scholarship by the university is offered to outstanding students with good academic standing.
In addition, the scholarship is offered to both domestic and international students in the university.
Applying for The Howard University Scholarship 2022
The application for the Howard scholarship is relatively brief and straightforward. Applicants are simply asked to affirm their interest in the scholarship.
With this confirmation, Howard University staff and faculty will have the needed permission to review the applicant’s academic performance and institution profile.
Eligibility for the Scholarship
There is no special requirement for the Donor scholarship. Both domestic and international students) are eligible for the Howard scholarship.
However, special preference is given to students who meet the following requirements:
- Domestic students are expected to fill the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Unfortunately, FAFSA is not available to international students, just U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents.
- International students are required to submit International Student Financial Aid Application (ISFAA). ISFAA form is not made available to U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents.
- Applicants are expected to create a Handshake Profile. Students can sign in with their respective email addresses and passwords.
- Applicants are expected to be of Good Social Standing, which should be verifiable by the Office of Student Affairs.
There is no fixed amount for the scholarship. Instead, funds are dispersed based on the student’s financial needs.
The deadline for the Howard university scholarship 2022 is on March 31, 2022, at 11:59 pm (EST)
Other Scholarships Offered by The University of Howard
As mentioned earlier, Howard University offers various scholarships to both its current and prospective students.
Some of these scholarships are discussed below with their respective requirements.
- Howard Need and Merit-Based Scholarship
This scholarship is awarded strictly on financial need and academic standing. Over $106 million is reserved for this scholarship.
Eligibility for the Howard Need and Merit-Based Scholarship
1. Applicants must be registered as full-time students for the fall and spring semesters
2. Applicants are expected to complete a free application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Only born U.S. citizens, permanent and naturalized residents are eligible for FAFSA
3. Applicants must be of high academic standing and maintain the standard GPA
4. Applicants must earn the minimum number of credits required for each semester
5. The scholarship will only be made available to students who receive and sign the “Scholarship Acceptance Statement.”
Renewal of the Howard Need and Merit-Based Scholarship
The Howard Need and Merit-Based Scholarship is renewable.
Provided beneficiaries of the scholarship receives and signs the “Scholarship Acceptance Statement,” which specifies the eligibility of the next award.
Note that renewal offer letters are sent to students who maintain the standard GPA required for the scholarships. Thus, the renewal of the scholarship is strictly based on merit.
2. Howard University Scholarship Transfer Program 2022
In pursuit of academic excellence, Howard University offers enticing scholarships to transfer students.
The aim of the scholarship is to attract talented students interested in transferring from other universities.
However, the Howard University Transfer Scholarship is quite competitive and awards scholarships to only a limited number of applicants.
Eligibility of the Howard University Scholarship Transfer Program 2022
This scholarship is eligible for all students transferring into the university. As a merit-based scholarship, students must hold at least 3.25 GPA and have at least 30 hours to be considered for the scholarship.
Recipients of the scholarship will receive a $10,000 grant just for the first semester. After that, the scholarship is not renewable.
3. Howard Trustee Scholarships 2022
Just like most award Howard scholarships, the trustee scholarship is offered strictly on merit.
To be considered for the scholarship, applicants must have an average of at least a 3.0 GPA.
The scholarship is only made available to registered full-time students with financial needs.
How To Apply for The Howard Trustee Scholarships 2022
To apply for this scholarship, applicants will need to visit the school’s website for a well-detailed application process.
4. Howard University Freshman Scholarships (Hufs) 2022
This scholarship is made available to all incoming freshmen.
The scholarship is offered automatically to deserving students with impressive SAT/ACT scores or high school GPA.
The scholarship is also given to students with financial needs.
Requirements for the Howard University Freshman Scholarships (Hufs) 2022
The Howard University Freshman Scholarships (Hufs) 2022 doesn’t require a separate application. But for students to be considered for the scholarship, the following requirements need to be met:
1. A high SAT/ACT score or high school GPA
2. Domestic students must fill FAFSA form
3. International students must fill ISFAA form
4. Awardees of the scholarship must accept the terms and conditions of the scholarship, which is available on the BisonWeb portal.
5. Awardees must sign and submit the HUFS Acceptance Agreement to the Office of Financial Aid before the deadline
6. The scholarship is awarded based on the student’s Expected Family Contribution (EFC).
7. Howard University Freshman Scholarships (Hufs) will expire after 4 years of enrollment or if the undergraduate student graduates before completing 4 years.
Conclusion – Why Howard University
Howard University will be an excellent choice for you, not just because of the enticing scholarships offered by the university.
The university is known for its high level of academic excellence. The school produces ambitious, entrepreneurial leaders, and it’s highly recognized in the global community.
The historical black university is well known for its ethnic diversity, making it a safe haven for international students.
One thing is certain, as an international student, you will feel right at home with the opportunity to explore diversity in its real sense.
The Howard university scholarship 2022 might just be the opportunity you are waiting for. Good Luck.