This opportunity is a great one for all Applicants from Africa, 50 Full Scholarships in USA for African International Students is specifically for you.
Scholarships are great ways to fund your education. Scholarships will go a long way in providing an opportunity for many people to earn an education.
If you are interested in studying in the US, whether for your master’s, Ph.D., or bachelor’s degree, there are thousands of scholarships you can apply for to fund your education of which 50 Full Scholarships in USA for African International Students have elaborated in this blog.
These scholarships could either be full or partial scholarships.
Full scholarships cover your entire tuition and other preliminaries, while partial scholarships cover part of your tuition. Whichever way, scholarships are great ways to finance your education.
This post will cover 50 full scholarships in USA for African international students.
Admittedly, some of these scholarships are way past their deadline. Either way, you can keep tabs on these scholarships and apply for them next year.
List of 50 Full Scholarships in USA for African International Students
There are thousands of scholarships for African students to study in the USA.
Some of these scholarships are sponsored by the government, individuals, companies, etc.
If you’re interested in studying abroad in the USA on Scholarship, this post will be quite helpful.
The scholarships outlined in this post are available for undergraduate, Master’s, or Ph.D. studies, particularly for African students and developing countries students.
Below are some of these scholarships:
1. Foreign Fulbright Student Program
The Fulbright Program is only available to African students who wish to pursue a Master’s or Ph.D. degree.
The Fulbright program is a full scholarship that covers tuition fees, textbooks, airfare, a living stipend, and health insurance.
The program is open to all fields of study except medical degree programs or clinical medical research.
How To Apply for The Foreign Fulbright Student Program
Candidates for the program can apply online on the Fulbright website. Applicants are expected to attach the following documents to their online application:
- 3 academic and professional references
- Curriculum Vitae
- Academic transcripts
- TOEFL score report.
- A clearly written research objective.
The application process involves applicants logging into the website after creating an e-mail address and a password.
2. Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program Japan
This scholarship is sponsored by the World Bank and the Government of Japan through the Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program.
The scholarship offers its beneficiaries the chance to pursue their Master’s Degree in any country of their choice.
The scholarship was specifically created for postgraduate students from developing countries.
The scholarship is open to study related to development at the master’s level, in fields such as economics, health, education, agriculture, environment, natural resource management, or other development‑related subjects.
Eligibility Requirements for The Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program Japan
- Applicant must be a citizen of a World Bank member developing country
- Applicants must not have dual citizenship of any developed country;
- Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree for at least 3 years before applying for the scholarship.
- 3 years of work experience is required in any recent development-related field.
- Applicants must be currently employed full-time in development-related work at the time of submitting the scholarship application.
3. First Year Merit Awards for International Students
American University funds this program. The scholarship is a partial one and awards its beneficiaries the sum of $6000 to $25000 per academic year.
The scholarship is strictly based on merit, and some of the selection criteria are English skills, outstanding academic achievements, excellent communication skills, community service, and volunteerism.
How To Apply for The First-Year Merit Awards for International Students
The scholarship is open to all students who wish to get a bachelor’s degree in the American University. Applicants from all nationalities are eligible for the scholarship.
There is no special application required for the scholarship. Applicants are automatically considered for the scholarship once they apply for admission to the university.
4. Apply for Presidential funding for International Students at Chatham University, USA.
The Chatham University hosts the scholarship to recognize academic excellence.
To qualify for the scholarship, applicants must complete an admission application and be granted acceptance to the university.
How To Apply for The Full-Tuition Presidential Funding for International Students at Chatham University, USA.
International Students who exhibit a high level of academic excellence are automatically considered for the scholarship.
Thus, a separate scholarship application is not required.
The sum of $6,000-$18,000 is awarded to beneficiaries towards their tuition fee.
The scholarship can be renewed provided the awardee maintains a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher and full-time enrollment.
5. ICSP Scholarships at The University of Oregon
The University of Oregon provides ample financial aid for international students at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
More than $2.5 million is set aside by the university for scholarship sponsorship for international students.
6. ACF Ritchie-Jennings Memorial Funding
This program is sponsored by the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE), the largest anti-fraud organization in the US.
The scholarship is open to students all over the world who are interested in pursuing a career in fraud examination.
The award amounts are $10,000, $5,000, $2,500, and $1,000.
Eligibility Criteria for the ACF Ritchie-Jennings Memorial Funding
- Undergraduate applicants must be currently enrolled at an accredited, four-year college or university.
- Postgraduates must be enrolled 6 semester hours (or equivalent) per term.
- Applicants must have an interest in fraud examination as a major and minor in accounting, business administration, finance, or criminal justice.
How to Apply
Applicants will have to apply online and upload their Official Transcript and two recommendation forms on the website.
7. The Fully-funded Humphrey Fellowship Program
This is a postgraduate program for experience professionals from African countries.
The only downside to the Humphrey fellowship program is that fellows are assigned universities and thus not able to choose the university of their choice.
The program covers tuition, airfare, living allowance, book allowance, insurance cost, and tuition professional development allowance.
Requirements of the Humphrey Fellowship Program
To be considered for the scholarship, applicants must fulfill the requirements below:
- Must possess an undergraduate degree
- Have at least five years of professional experience
- Must be proficient in the English language
- Have leadership qualities
8. Aga Khan Foundation Scholarship
This a partial scholarship that covers 50% tuition and 50% loan.
The scholarship is provided to outstanding students from developing countries in need of financial assistance to sponsor their education.
The scholarship is available for master’s level courses and Ph.D. programs, although preference is given to master’s level courses.
Applications for short-term courses are not considered.
- Applicants must be from the following countries: Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Syria, Egypt, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Madagascar, and Mozambique.
- While there is no age limit, preference is given to applicants under 30 years of age.
- Consistently excellent academic records
- Applicants must require financial needs to sponsor their education.
- Applicants are expected to have years of professional experience in their field of interest.
To apply for the scholarship, applicants will have to obtain the application form in AKF offices or Aga Khan Education Services / Boards in their countries of current residence.
9. Michigan State University International Studies and Programs (partially-funded)
The Michigan State University offers a limited number of scholarships for both undergraduate and postgraduate studies.
The university partially funds the scholarship, and beneficiaries can seek additional funding from Non-MSU Organizations that offer scholarships.
10. New York University Wagner Scholarships
The university offers a number of competitive, merit-based scholarships to assist its students in financing their degrees. Currently, over 20% of students in the university are awarded scholarships.
The only downside to the scholarship is that it is only awarded for undergraduate studies.
How To Apply for the New York University Wagner Scholarships
To apply for the scholarship, applicants are expected to submit their online application for admission to the university.
The scholarships offered by the university don’t require an additional application or a scholarship essay.
Recipients are chosen based on their academic performance and the strength of the admission application submitted.
Other Scholarships for African Students to Study in the USA
Below are some top scholarships African students should be on the lookout for if they wish to study in any American university:
- MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program
- Microsoft Research Graduate Women’s Scholarships, USA
- Google Lime Scholarship for Students with Disabilities to Study in USA or Canada
- AAUW International Fellowship for Women
- Harambe Fletcher Scholarships for African Students USA
- PEO International Peace Scholarships for Women – USA and Canada
- Dorothy Marchus Senesh Fellowship for Women from Developing Countries in
- the USA
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship 2022/2023 for Doctoral Study in Canadian Universities
- AAHPM Scholarship in USA for Physicians from Developing Countries
- 7UP Harvard Business School Scholarship for Nigerian Students
- The Immigration Journalism Fellowship in USA for International Students
- Frank Lanza Memorial Scholarship in Nursing & Emergency Medical Service
- EDSF Scholarship for full-time students in Document Management and Graphic Communications
- African Palliative Care Nursing Scholarship Fund by Global Partners in Care
- Fellowships in International Human Rights in UK and US
- Gus Archie Undergraduate Scholarships- Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) Foundation
- Internet Scholarship Program by US Bank- USA
- American University Merit Scholarships
- Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarships for Women in Africa, Europe, and the Middle East
- Student Mandela Fellowship Program at Michigan State University
- for South African Students
- ESTU International Students Academic Merit Scholarship
- Colby-Sawyer College Scholarships
- International Merit Scholarships at Iowa State University
- Yossi Schiff Memorial Scholarship Fund for Graduate Students
- Illinois Wesleyan University International Student Scholarships
- IUPUI Scholarships
- IIS Undergraduate Merit Scholarships
- International Cultural Service Program (ICSP) Tuition Scholarships
- at Oregon University
- George and Nancy Axinn International Scholarship Fund.
- Global Scholars Program at Clark University Scholarships
- Miriam J. Kelley African Scholarship Grant Program at Michigan State University
- African Presidential Scholars Program at University of Michigan USA
50 Full Scholarships in USA for African International Students is an opportunity for all African students so rush now and apply.