Table of Contents Hide
We recognize you may have faced extra expenses from the interruption of campus operations due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the essence of the Covid-19 Hardship International Scholarships is to help students cover expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to coronavirus.
The Covid-19 Hardship International Scholarships covers items such as food, emergency housing, transportation, technology, and health care. University of Strathclyde is here to encourage outstanding candidates through its Covid-19 Hardship International Scholarships.
This Covid-19 Hardship International Scholarships will be awarded to applicants from UK, EU, EEA, UK and Islands, RUK. This opportunity is available to all eligible students who are going to pursue undergraduate, postgraduate taught degree and research program at the university of Strathclyde.
About the University of Strathclyde.
The University of Strathclyde was established in 1796 as ‘the place of useful learning’ and this remains at the forefront of our vision today. The University of Strathclyde is a leading international technological university. The university consists of four main faculties categorized based on subjects and academic fields.
The university is one of the 39 old universities in the UK comprising the distinctive second cluster of elite universities after Oxbridge. This university annual income for 2019–20 was £334.8 million of which £81.2 million was from research grants and contracts, with an expenditure of £298.8 million.
The university of Strathclyde has a triple accredited Business school (AMBA, AACSB and EQUIS) and one of the largest and best equipped Engineering faculties in Scotland.
Why Study at the University of Strathclyde?
This university provides students with the opportunity to bring a range of skills that they have gained outside of their studies and support them in their career aims. In this university, candidates can get the best chance of success when they progress to their degree at the University.
And as well as an award-winning Careers service there is close engagement with industry through industrial placements for students and research facilities such as our £89m Technology & Innovation Centre, opened by The Queen in 2015.
The University has a vibrant international community with students from over 100 countries and is investing £650m in its campus over a decade. The Strathclyde’s campus is in the centre of Glasgow, one of the UK’s largest and most dynamic cities and a good base for exploring Scotland, the UK and Europe.
University of Strathclyde Address.
The University of Strathclyde is a public research university located in Glasgow, Scotland.
Address: 16 Richmond St, Glasgow G1 1XQ, UKPhone: +44 141 552 4400Undergraduate tuition and fees: Local tuition 1,820 GBP, Domestic tuition 9,000 GBP (2016 – 17)Principal: Jim McDonaldTotal enrollment: 21,210 (2014)Founder: John AndersonFounded: 1796, Glasgow, United Kingdom.
The University of Strathclyde will provide the living costs to the high achieving students.
- Course Level: Undergraduate, Taught Postgraduate and Research
- Application Deadline: September 30, 2020
- University: University of Strathclyde
- Department: NA
- Award: Living costs
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: Domestic and International Students
- The award can be taken in the UK
Covid-19 Hardship International Scholarships Eligibility
- Eligible Countries: Applications are open to all nationalities.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be awarded for undergraduate, Taught postgraduate and Research in any subject offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Have fallen into financial hardship or anticipate financial hardship related to the current Covid-19 pandemic; and
- Other funds are not available to meet their essential needs, or are insufficient to meet these needs; or
- An award is appropriate to meet exceptional needs.
- How to Apply for the Covid-19 Hardship International Scholarships: Interested applicants can complete a Financial Support Funds application and return it along with the following documents to financial email@example.com.
- Supporting Documents: 1 months’ bank statement, Confirmation of any funding such as scholarship, statutory funding or salary if not shown on bank statement. Also, note that you may be asked for certified copies of qualifications, a transcript of results, a copy of passport, a copy of sponsor letter/Award and copies of any other documentation.
- Admission Requirements: Claimants are recommended to hold their previous degree certificate in the relevant subject area.
- Language Requirement: If the applicant’s native language is not English, then they have to demonstrate the English language ability through the TOEFL or IELTS Test.