Table of Contents Hide
- What is SpotMe?
- How SpotMe on Chime Works
- SEE ALSO: Top Insurance Companies in the World
- How to use SpotMe on Chime
- How to Use Spot Me on Chime – Step by Step
- Other Basic Requirements
- CHECK ALSO: Low Stress Jobs that Pay Well without Degree
- How to activate SpotMe on Chime
- Frequently Asked Questions About (FAQs)
- Can I Withdraw Money from Chime SpotMe?
- What can you Use SpotMe on Chime for?
- Does Chime SpotMe Work with Apple Pay?
- Does Chime SpotMe Work at Walmart?
- Does Chime SpotMe do Cashback at Walgreens?
- Will Chime SpotMe Work for Doordash?
- Does SpotMe on Chime Work on Cash App, PayPal or Venmo?
- Does Chime SpotMe Work at ATMs?
- READ ALSO: Top 10 Best Paying Jobs in Energy
- What does SpotMe cover?
- If SpotMe covers me, do I pay it back?
- Can your Chime SpotMe Limit be More than $20?
- How to Increase the Chime SpotMe Limit?
- Can you Overdraft Chime without SpotMe?
- Why did Chime lower my SpotMe Limit?
- Why is SpotMe not Working?
- What can you do if my SpotMe isn’t working?
- Where Does Chime Spot Me Work?
- What can I use SpotMe on Chime for?
- Does Spot Me on Chime work for online purchases?
- Important Chime SpotMe rules.
- AUTHOR’S RECOMMENDATIONS
What is SpotMe?
SpotMe is a Chime’s fee-free overdraft service that allows Chime users to spend more funds than their available balance. This means you won’t have to pay fees for certain transactions that overdraw your account. So if you need little extra funds to sort a bill, SpotMe is there for you and in this blog we will teach you How to Use SpotMe on Chime.
How SpotMe on Chime Works
Assuming you have $50 as your Chime balance and $40 as your Spot Me Limit then you want to make a purchase of $60, purchase will be successful as your SpotMe limit has covered the remaining $10 for you. In this case, you’ll receive a notification saying “Because your Spending Balance was low, SpotMe covered $10. Your new balance is –$10.”
On the other hand, if you try to make a purchase more than both your Chime balance and SpotMe limit E.g $100, your purchase will be declined. You’ll receive a notification saying “your transaction was declined as your new balance would go lower than your Chime Spot Me Limit”.
Note: The overdrawn amount is adjusted from your next direct deposit automatically, without any charges. The SpotMe limit starts at $20 but will increase over time based on direct deposits into your account each month and your account history.
How to use SpotMe on Chime
To be able to use this, you must have done the following things
• Create or have a Chime Account.
• Have or made a direct deposit of $200 or more to your Chime account.
The direct deposit must have been received in the preceding 34 days.
The deposit must be made by Automated Clearing House (ACH) from your employer, payroll provider, gig economy payer, or benefits payer, OR by Original Credit Transaction (OCT) from your gig economy payer.
Note: Customers without a direct deposit coming into their account will have a SpotMe limit of zero, as they are not eligible for the service.
You can verify your eligibility by checking settings on your Chime Account to activate it.
How to Use Spot Me on Chime – Step by Step
1. Go to settings on your Chime app to confirm your SpotMe eligibility status.
2. After confirmation, agree to the terms and conditions and activate the features.
3. Upon activation, try to make use of your Chime debit card to make a purchase that exceeds your Chime balance but within your SpotMe limit.
4. Your transaction will go through and you’ll receive a notification from Chime covered the transaction through spot me. You’ll now have a negative balance which will be deducted on your next deposit.
So you have successfully used SpotMe on Chime. Now below are answers to frequently asked questions on the use of SpotMe.
Other Basic Requirements
• You must be 18 years of age or older to be eligible to use Chime Spot Me
• Must have Chime-managed demand deposit account in your name in good standing;
• Enrolling into Chime SpotMe does not require a check of your credit score
How to activate SpotMe on Chime
• If you have a Chime accout and you’ve not used the SpotMe feature before, you can activate it by agreeing to the SpotMe terms and conditions on your Chime Account.
• You can do this under settings in your Chime Account, then check for SpotMe and agree to its terms and conditions to activate it.
Frequently Asked Questions About (FAQs)
Can I Withdraw Money from Chime SpotMe?
Yes, it allows you to withdraw funds via ATM withdrawals and cash back transactions. You can make withdrawals from your Chime balance plus your SpotMe limit. You can simply visit an ATM to make your withdrawals or ask a retailer to give you cashback on making a purchase.
What can you Use SpotMe on Chime for?
You can use your it to cover debit card purchases, ATM withdrawals, and cash-back transactions. It cannot be used for direct debits (like paying a bill via ACH), transfers to apps like Venmo, Cash App, PayPal, Pay Friends transfers, and Chime Checkbook transactions.
Does Chime SpotMe Work with Apple Pay?
Yes, it works with Apple pay. SpotMe works on any platform where the Chime debit card works. If you want to make a purchase with Apple Pay, then SpotMe will indeed do it’s coverage work.
Does Chime SpotMe Work at Walmart?
Since SpotMe works any place that the Chime debit card works, including making purchases and cashback withdraws then Yes, it works at Walmart.
Does Chime SpotMe do Cashback at Walgreens?
Yes, it can do cash back at Walgreens. Chime debit card works for making purchases and getting cash back at Walgreens.
Will Chime SpotMe Work for Doordash?
Yes, it works for Doordash for either for purchasing food or for any other things. Anywhere the Chime debit card works, SpotMe also works.
Does SpotMe on Chime Work on Cash App, PayPal or Venmo?
No, it does not work on Cash App, Paypal or Venmo. SpotMe funds cannot be transferred to apps like PayPal, Venmo or Cash App. You can only use your regular Chime balance to fund these accounts. Note that SpotMe does not provide any coverage in this aspect. This means you can’t borrow funds from your SpotMe balance.
Does Chime SpotMe Work at ATMs?
Yes, it works at ATMs to make withdrawals and cash-back transactions. This means you can make withdrawals from your balance plus your SpotMe limit.
The limit ranges from $20 to $200. It is determined based on direct deposit into your Chime account and your account history. This means the SpotMe limit may vary over time depending on deposits and account history.
What does SpotMe cover?
• Debit card purchases
• Cash-back transactions
• ATM withdrawals
SpotMe does not cover:
• Pay Friends transfers
• Direct debits, such as automatic bill payments, from your Checking Account
• Transfers to apps like Venmo and Cash App
• Chime Checkbook transactions
If SpotMe covers me, do I pay it back?
When SpotMe covers you after you have overdraw your Chime balance, the overdrawn amount gets deducted on your next deposit or new funds that arrive in your Chime balance. You won’t be charged any fees or interest on the deduction or for using SpotMe.
Can your Chime SpotMe Limit be More than $20?
Yes, Your Limit can be more than $20. The normal starting limit for all customers that qualify for SpotMe is $20 while the maximum limit is $200. Your limit increases based on your deposit transactions monthly and your account history. This limit changes automatically and can’t be manipulated by humans or company employees.
How to Increase the Chime SpotMe Limit?
You can increase your SpotMe limit by making more deposit transactions and having a good account history. Note that the SpotMe limit changes automatically and is controlled by programmed a algorithm which means it can’t be overidden by company employees.
Can you Overdraft Chime without SpotMe?
No. If you have not activated, by accepting and agreeing to it’s terms and conditions, Chime will not cover overlimits for you and your purchase will be declined.
Why did Chime lower my SpotMe Limit?
Chime may lower your SpotMe limit because direct deposits to your Chime Account have decreased. For instance, you used to deposit $500 monthly but has now reduced to $100. In this case, your SpotMe limit may change to a lower amount.
Why is SpotMe not Working?
You noticed your SpotMe isn’t working. Why? SpotMe not working may be because you are not eligible for the service or not activated on your Chime app.
What can you do if my SpotMe isn’t working?
First ensure that you still eligible for the service and check if it is activated on your Chime app. Also ensure you have made at least one direct deposit to your Chime account because if not, you won’t have access to SpotMe.
Also in the app settings, confirm your SpotMe dollar limit. If you’re trying to make a purchase, make sure the total cost is not greater than your balance plus SpotMe Limit.
Finally, ensure you using Chime on qualified transactions. SpotMe covers debit card purchases, cash-back transactions, and ATM withdrawals.
SpotMe cannot be used for direct debits (like paying a bill via ACH), transfers to apps like Venmo/Cash App/PayPal, Pay Friends transfers, and Chime Checkbook transactions.
NOTE: If you are fulfilling all the criteria of making deposits to your account before then later on you fail to make deposits, Chime may reduce your SpotMe limit to zero as you no longer fulfill the eligibility criteria.
Where Does Chime Spot Me Work?
It works anywhere the Chime debit card works. It can be used for purchases or transactions.
What can I use SpotMe on Chime for?
• Purchases: You can use your Chime Debit Card to make purchases at physical outlets like restaurants, fast food and other outlets like McDonalds, grocery purchases, gas stations, etc.,
• For cash withdrawals at ATM
• You can use your Chime debit card to make payment for rides at Uber
• Online purchases with your Chime Debit Card
• For Cash-back at grocery centers like Walmart, Dollar General etc.
Note: The transaction amount should be within your Chime balance and Spot Me Limit to be successful.
Does Spot Me on Chime work for online purchases?
Yes, it works for online purchases. It covers you when you make purchases online using your Chime debit card. However, it does not work for automatic bill payments or subscriptions which you have set on your debit card.
Important Chime SpotMe rules.
As a Chime customer, it is important to note that SpotMe cannot be used for direct debits (like paying a bill via ACH), transfers to apps like Cash App, Venmo, PayPal, Pay Friends transfers, and Chime Checkbook transactions. Also, your SpotMe Limit is set based on your direct deposits and deposit history.
What is covered and what is NOT covered:
1. Purchases on Chime Debit Card
2. ATM withdrawals
3. Cash-back transactions
1. Payments to friends transfer
2. Automatic bill payments using Direct Debit from Chime Spending Account
3. Transfers to other apps like Venmo and Cash App
4. Chime Checkbook transactions
Chime is a great feature that is there for you when you need little extra urgent cash. It enables you make a purchase even when your Chime balance is not enough. The overdrawn amount gets deducted when you make your next deposit.
The Step by Step approach on how to use SpotMe on Chime has been highlighted in this article. Read through to get the best of understanding on hot transactions If you have any question mind, drop it in the comment box below and be sure to get a reply as soon as possible.
Find this Article helpful? Drop your comments.