Table of Contents Hide
- About JADS Scholarships
- Japan Africa Dream Scholarship Program (JADS):
- Benefits of the Japan Africa Dream Scholarship Program 2021-22:
JADS Scholarship program is an opportunity to study in Japan, African Development Bank started scholarship for the students of Africa.
The African Development Bank collaborated with Japan Government to form a program JADS scholarship Program.
This is a great opportunity for African students who are pursuing their postgraduate studies to study abroad in Japan.
And also the good news of this program is that it is a fully funded scholarship for African students.
JADS Scholarship program is fully paid for African nationals, some benefits includes; provision of airfare, tuition fee, monthly stipend, your expenses in doing research is also covered.
in addition, the universities also have direct link to Japanese industries which means student have a high probability to secure a good job after completing their post graduate studies.;
About JADS Scholarships
The Japan Africa Dream Scholarship (JADS) Program is a capacity building project established by the AfDB and Japan which was initiated in 2017.
The main purpose of this program is to provide two-year scholarship awards to highly achieving African graduate students to help them to undergo post-graduate studies (i.e. the scholarship program is only for year Master’s degree program) in selected priority development areas on the continent and Japan.
The overarching goal the AfDB and the Government of Japan seek to attain is to enhance skills and human resources development in Africa in under the Bank’s High 5s agenda (which are 1. Feed Africa. 2.Light up Africa. 3.Industrialize Africa. 4.Integrate Africa and 5. lastly is to improve the quality of life of the citizens of Africa) and key Japanese development assistance initiatives.
JADS major areas of study focus include energy, agriculture, health, environmental sustainability, and engineering and other related discipline.
The program also seeks to promote inter-university collaboration and university-industry partnerships between Japan and Africa. At the end of this scholarship, the JADS scholars are expected to return to their home countries to apply and disseminate their newly acquired knowledge and skills in the public and private sectors, and contribute to national and continental socio-economic development.
This scholarship Program is open to applicants from AfDB member countries with relevant professional experience and a history of supporting their countries’ development efforts.
it is open to people who are applying to a graduate degree program in energy
development and related discipline.
The program does not offer scholarships to any other graduate degree program.
Upon completion of their studies, the beneficiary scholars are expected to go back to their home countries to apply for work and disseminate their newly acquired knowledge and skills,
and contribute to the promotion of sustainable development of their countries.
Japan Africa Dream Scholarship (JADS) Program AfDB 2021-22 is available to undertake Masters level programs at University of Cape Town, University of Pretoria, University of Nairobi, Kenyatta University, Nelson Mandela Africa Institute of Science and Technology, University of Ghana, University of Ibadan, University of Ouagadougou, The University of Tokyo, Sophia University, Kyoto University, Osaka University, Hiroshima University, Kogakuin University, Kyushu University.
Following subject are available to study under this scholarship program.
Japan Africa Dream Scholarship Program (JADS):
- Master’s Degree Program
JADS Scholarship Duration:
- Two-year master’s degree scholarship award.
Benefits of the Japan Africa Dream Scholarship Program 2021-22:
The full scholarship has the following benefits.
- Economy Class air travel return ticket.
- Full tuition fee covered.
- The Medical Insurance of the student is covered.
- A monthly stipend will be paid to the students for daily expenses e.g. living expenses and expenses on buying books.
- A special grant will be given to research scholars for their thesis preparation.
Eligibility JADS scholarship program:
Check below to see if you are eligible to apply for this great opportunity.
- The program is open to those who have been admitted to an approved Masters degree course at a Japanese partner university.
- Candidates should be 35 years old or younger; in good health; with a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in the energy area or related area; and have a superior academic record. Upon completion of their study programs, scholars are expected to return to their home country to contribute to its economic and social development
- The nationals of the African Development Bank member countries can apply.
- The applicant must be a bachelor’s degree holder (or equivalent) in the field of energy or other relevant fields.
- The applicant’s bachelor’s degree must not be more than one year old.
- In case the degree is one year old at the time of the deadline of the application, the applicant must have one year of work experience from the time of completion of the degree to the application closing date.
- The applicants who are nationals of AFDB member countries but they do not live in their home country are not eligible to apply.
- The applicant must not be the staff of the AFDB group.
- The immediate blood relatives and close relatives of AFDB staff are also not eligible to apply.
Document Required for JADS scholarship program
Following documents are required for the JADS program 2021.
- Most recent Curriculum Vitale.
- Certified copy of the certificate of most recent degree.
- A research proposal and plan.
- Proof of professional/work experience.
- Two professional references.
- English proficiency score report (TOEFL, TOEC, IBT).
How to apply for the Japan Africa Dream Scholarship (JADS) Program?
- The applicant has to send the required documents to the university.
- The university then shortlists and selects the students and recommends them to AFDB for final approval.
- There is no need to send applications to AFDB.
- For further information email JADS@AFDV.ORG
The application deadline for the Japan African Scholarship Program 2021-22 is August 21, 2021
Apply for Japan African Dream Scholarship Program
This opportunity is a great one for students from Africa to assist them financially to study outside their home country. so if you are an African and you are financially challenged, just rush now and apply through this link above for this scholarships.
this scholarship is been offered in different universities in Africa in conjunction with Japan.